Admissions, Division to Division
From InfoCAJ provides a K-12 education. However, we do not automatically promote from one division to another. As expectations increase when students move between CAJ's divisions, students must demonstrate the potential to function at the next level before earning a principal's endorsement.
- In order to move from one division to another, a student must demonstrate specific skills and behaviors.
- Students will be placed on probation if teachers see problems in these areas that could contribute to the denial of promotion.
- CAJ staff will make every attempt to clearly and frequently communicate about problems in these areas with parents.
- 5th – 6th and 8th – 9th grade promotion require:
- Age appropriate self-management – meeting deadlines, doing assignments, asking questions, being prepared.
- Ability to work in groups and contribute to their success.
- English proficiency improvement shown in areas of reading, writing, listening, and speaking,
- Age-appropriate social behavior - demonstrating respect for authority, problem solving, emotional control, and avoidance of serious patterns of negative behavior.
- Clearly demonstrated appropriate support from home.
- Grade-level appropriate academic progress.
- Parents may appeal to the headmaster if admission is not endorsed.
ES Index | Previous page: Acronym and Term Directory | Next page: Attendance, ES
MS Index | Previous page: Acronym and Term Directory | Next page: Athletics, MS
HS Index | Previous page: Activity Attendance | Next page: Advanced Placement