All students attend chapel regularly. Chapel is designed to be a time of inspiration, worship, praise, teaching from God's Word, and promotion of spiritual growth. At least once a year, a special speaker is invited to interact with students during Spiritual Life Emphasis Week (SLEW), which includes a special chapel every day and discussions with the speaker during some classes when possible. Students are expected to respect all speakers and practice good audience behavior.
- Grades K-5 meet for singing chapel once every other month (8:30-9:00 a.m. on Thursdays).
- Grades K-2 meet for chapel once every other month (8:30-9:00 a.m. on Fridays).
- Grades 3-5 meet for chapel once every other month (2:55-3:25 p.m. on Thursdays).
- The schedule alternates between singing chapel and primary/intermediate chapel.
- Each grade is responsible for one (or more) of the primary/intermediate chapels. They either do the chapel themselves or book a speaker.
- Elementary also has a first day of school assembly and a closing assembly on the last day of school that includes a "graduation and farewell" to the 5th graders.
- Elementary parents are welcome to attend chapel.
- Secondary (middle and high school) chapel is a weekly event at CAJ.
- Student participation is highly valued and encouraged.
ES Index | Previous page: Campus Security | Next page: Cheating
MS Index | Previous page: Chapel Guidelines | Next page: Cheating, MS
HS Index | Previous page: Chapel Guidelines | Next page: Cheating, HS