Computer Acceptable Use Policy
From InfoWithin existing school policy, including Standards of Conduct, computer information technology is to be used to support, advance, and enhance learning and productivity in order to achieve CAJ's mission.
- Computers can only be used for school work during class, unless the teacher specifically allows an exception.
- Users are responsible for the safety and security of their account and computer.
- Users are responsible for properly saving their files.
- Users will demonstrate discernment and caring for others when using computers. Do not use technology in ways that are objectionable, obscene, offensive, or harmful to yourself or others.
- Users will respect others’ privacy. Do not access or use another’s account or open, read, modify or remove another's files, postings or emails.
- Users will be good stewards of computer resources. Do not abuse, damage, or disrupt computers, networks, or other related technology.
- Authorized staff will access personal accounts (including data on the server and the computer) and monitor usage when deemed necessary.
- Violations of this policy will be reported to the appropriate authority and may result in discipline including the loss of computer privileges.
- All computer use is covered by this policy, including school laptops (see 1:1) and personal computers (see Personal Computers on Campus).
- Appropriate behavior is expected at all times, including outside of class or off campus.